MANAGER TOWN AND REGIONAL PLANNING09/09/2019
INTERNAL / EXTERNAL ADVERTISEMENT
CLOSING DATE: Monday, 23 September 2019 at 16:00
DEPARTMENT: PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT
BUILDING CONTROL OFFICER (Section: Land Use Management)
- Grade 12
- National Diploma in Building Science
- Five (5) years relevant experience preferably with local government
- Knowledge of Town Planning Ordinances, Financial Regulations, Procedures and Budgeting
- Knowledge of construction and building principles, materials and methodologies
- Ability to interpret plans
- Valid Code EB (08) Driver’s Licence
Key Performance Areas:
- Manage the Building Control Section.
- Approval of Building Plans according to National Building Regulations.
- Building and rezoning regulation control.
- Check and verify that design details and construction specifications detailed on building plans conform with regulations prior to approval.
- Co-ordinate tasks or activities associated with the implementation of procedures and monitor compliance with standard and specifications with regard to new building, additions and renovations to existing structures.
- Perform specific administrative tasks or activities associated with the updating and maintaining of records or information of work in progress and completed works.
- Develop the technical understanding of emerging contractors on specific applications, procedures and subsequences applicable to building, constructing and maintenance work.
ANNUAL BASIC SALARY: R353 112.00 (post level 5) plus normal company benefits & a 25% non-pensionable allowance
- Interested applicants meeting the requirements should forward a detailed CV with cover page and reference number (including certified copies of qualifications and identity document not older than 3 months old) to: The Municipal Manager, Govan Mbeki Municipality, c/o Manager Human Resources, Private Bag X1017, Secunda, 2302. Faxed or e-mailed applications will not be considered.
- All short listed applicants will be required to produce their original qualifications/documents at the interviews (failure to comply will result in disqualification).
- Correspondence will only be entered into with short listed candidates. Applicants who have not been contacted within thirty (30) days of the closing date should consider their applications unsuccessful.
- The Govan Mbeki Municipality reserves the right not to make an appointment and to re-advertise positions.
- The submission of an application gives Govan Mbeki Municipality the right to perform reference checks from current and previous employers as well as academic institutions.