MANAGER: WATER AND SANITATION06/11/2019
ARTISAN: ELECTRICAL FACILITY MAINTENANCE06/11/2019
CLOSING DATE: Friday, 22 November 2019 at 16:00
DEPARTMENT: TECHNICAL SERVICES
ARTISAN: PLUMBING FACILITY MAINTENANCE
(Section : Facility Maintenance) – 1 Position
- Grade 12
- National Technical Certificate (Level 3) or equivalent
- Trade Test Certificate in Plumbing (Red Seal)
- 3-5 Years’ experience in commercial and residential plumbing will be an advantage
- Able to work under pressure
- Valid driver’s license.
- Incumbent will not be required to work overtime
Key Performance Areas:
- Operation & maintenance of commercial and residential plumbing
- Interprets blueprints and building specifications to map layout for pipes, drainage systems and other plumbing materials
- Install pipes and fixtures, such as sinks and toilets for water, gas, steam, air or other liquids
- Installs support pipes, equipment & fixtures prior installation
- Assembles fittings and valves for installation
- Modifies length of pipes, fixtures and other plumbing materials as needed
- Uses saws and pipe cutters as necessary
- Installs & maintain, heating &air-conditioning systems
- Collaborate with contractors, construction workers, electricians, pipefitters and steamfitters in installing and repair plumbing
- Test plumbing systems for leaks and other possible problems
- Analyze problems & identify appropriate tools and materials for repair
- Choose plumbing materials based on budget, location and intend uses of buildings
- Follow OHS regulations and building codes
- Report writing and documenting problems and summary of actions taken
- Perform inspections of plumbing systems to identify and replace worn parts
ANNUAL BASIC SALARY: R282 468.00 per annum (post level 7) plus normal company benefits & a 25% non-pensionable allowance
- Interested applicants meeting the requirements should forward a detailed CV with cover page and reference number (including certified copies of qualifications and identity document not older than 3 months old) to: The Municipal Manager, Govan Mbeki Municipality, c/o Manager Human Resources, Private Bag X1017, Secunda, 2302. Faxed or e-mailed applications will not be considered.
- All short listed applicants will be required to produce their original qualifications/documents at the interviews (failure to comply will result in disqualification).
- Correspondence will only be entered into with short listed candidates. Applicants who have not been contacted within thirty (30) days of the closing date should consider their applications unsuccessful.
- The Govan Mbeki Municipality reserves the right not to make an appointment and to re-advertise positions.
- The submission of an application gives Govan Mbeki Municipality the right to perform reference checks from current and previous employers as well as academic institutions.
People with disabilities are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated.