ARTISAN: PLUMBING FACILITY MAINTENANCE06/11/2019
PROCESS CONTROLLER – CLASS III06/11/2019
CLOSING DATE: Friday, 22 November 2019 at 16:00
DEPARTMENT: TECHNICAL SERVICES
ARTISAN: ELECTRICAL FACILITY MAINTENANCE
(Section : Facility Maintenance) – 1 Position
- Grade 12
- National Technical Certificate (Level 3) or equivalent
- Trade Test Certificate (Red Seal)
- Wireman License (certificate)
- 3-5 Years’ experience as an electrician will be an advantage
- Be able to work under pressure
- Valid driver’s license.
- Incumbent will not be required to work overtime
Key Performance Areas:
- Diagnose & repair electrical problems in commercial & domestic electrical systems, incl. fault finding, rewiring and monitoring
- Assess the parts needed for a job and place orders for those parts
- Conduct routine maintenance and testing on commercial and domestic electrical systems & ensure installations are to manufacturers standards
- Rewire faulty electrical systems, such as lightning, heating systems
- Good quality workmanship which upholds the organization’s standards, comply with building codes and follow proper safety standards
- Be able to work alone and present faults and concerns in electrical systems
- Provide good customer relations
- Install all electrical systems as per wiring regulations
- Possess knowledge of “SANS10142-1” means the Code of practice for the wiring of premises published by Standards South Africa;
- Demonstrate knowledge of all Electrical laws and regulations
ANNUAL BASIC SALARY: R282 468.00 per annum (post level 7) plus normal company benefits & a 25% non-pensionable allowance
- Interested applicants meeting the requirements should forward a detailed CV with cover page and reference number (including certified copies of qualifications and identity document not older than 3 months old) to: The Municipal Manager, Govan Mbeki Municipality, c/o Manager Human Resources, Private Bag X1017, Secunda, 2302. Faxed or e-mailed applications will not be considered.
- All short listed applicants will be required to produce their original qualifications/documents at the interviews (failure to comply will result in disqualification).
- Correspondence will only be entered into with short listed candidates. Applicants who have not been contacted within thirty (30) days of the closing date should consider their applications unsuccessful.
- The Govan Mbeki Municipality reserves the right not to make an appointment and to re-advertise positions.
- The submission of an application gives Govan Mbeki Municipality the right to perform reference checks from current and previous employers as well as academic institutions.
People with disabilities are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated.