ARTISAN: ELECTRICAL FACILITY MAINTENANCE06/11/2019
FOREMAN: FACILITY MAINTENANCE06/11/2019
CLOSING DATE: Friday, 22 November 2019 at 16:00
DEPARTMENT: TECHNICAL SERVICES
PROCESS CONTROLLER – CLASS III
(Section : Waste Water Treatment Works) – 6 Positions
- Grade 12
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- Classification by DWA as Process Controller Class III
- Minimum of three (3) years’ relevant experience in at waste water treatment works
- Communication skills to ensure that reporting is effective
- Be prepared to work shifts (after hours and weekends)
- Computer Literacy
- Valid Code 08 Drivers License
- Good communication and leadership skills
Key Performance Areas:
- Daily and weekly planning of work on waste water treatment works (purification plants)
- Supervision on purification plant processes
- Maintaining good human relations and discipline
- Operation and maintenance of all structural, mechanical, electrical and procedural processes at purification plants
- Adherence to the Occupational Health & Safety Act
- Supervision of personnel, their standby and after hour duties
- Supervision, control and daily inspection of processes
- Ensure compliance with regard to Health and Safety Regulations
- Control of septic tank services and maintenance of water and sewer (brick work)
- Handling of daily time sheets
- Planning and organizing daily duties
- Material stocktaking and writing of requisitions
- Record keeping
ANNUAL BASIC SALARY: R238 140.00 per annum (post level 8) plus normal company benefits & a 25% non-pensionable allowance
- Interested applicants meeting the requirements should forward a detailed CV with cover page and reference number (including certified copies of qualifications and identity document not older than 3 months old) to: The Municipal Manager, Govan Mbeki Municipality, c/o Manager Human Resources, Private Bag X1017, Secunda, 2302. Faxed or e-mailed applications will not be considered.
- All short listed applicants will be required to produce their original qualifications/documents at the interviews (failure to comply will result in disqualification).
- Correspondence will only be entered into with short listed candidates. Applicants who have not been contacted within thirty (30) days of the closing date should consider their applications unsuccessful.
- The Govan Mbeki Municipality reserves the right not to make an appointment and to re-advertise positions.
- The submission of an application gives Govan Mbeki Municipality the right to perform reference checks from current and previous employers as well as academic institutions.
People with disabilities are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated.