FOREMAN: FACILITY MAINTENANCE06/11/2019
ASSISTANT ARTISAN: ENERGY06/11/2019
CLOSING DATE: Friday, 22 November 2019 at 16:00
DEPARTMENT: TECHNICAL SERVICES
ASSISTANT ARTISAN: WATER AND SEWER NETWORK DISTRIBUTION
(Section : Water and Sanitation) – 4 Positions
- Grade 12
- Trade Test Certificate in Plumbing (compulsory)
- Good communication skills
- Two (2) years’ experience in water and sewer network (plumbing) preferably in a local authority
- Able to work under pressure and abnormal hours
- Valid Code C1 Drivers License
Key Performance Areas:
- Assist in the operations & maintenance of water and sewer networks
- Assist in execution of all plumbing work
- Ensure sufficient drinking water supply to consumers
- Assist in Executive of all plumbing work (installation and maintenance)
- Excavate by means of pick and shovel in soft material
- Load and off-load pipes, valve fitting and concrete to job sites
- Prepare the bedding of pipe lines and level beddings
- Assist in the laying of water pipes
- Back-fill and compact trenches
- Adhere to working procedures
- Record keeping and reporting to direct Supervisor
ANNUAL BASIC SALARY: R158 004.00 per annum (post level 11) plus normal company benefits & a 25% non-pensionable allowance
- Interested applicants meeting the requirements should forward a detailed CV with cover page and reference number (including certified copies of qualifications and identity document not older than 3 months old) to: The Municipal Manager, Govan Mbeki Municipality, c/o Manager Human Resources, Private Bag X1017, Secunda, 2302. Faxed or e-mailed applications will not be considered.
- All short listed applicants will be required to produce their original qualifications/documents at the interviews (failure to comply will result in disqualification).
- Correspondence will only be entered into with short listed candidates. Applicants who have not been contacted within thirty (30) days of the closing date should consider their applications unsuccessful.
- The Govan Mbeki Municipality reserves the right not to make an appointment and to re-advertise positions.
- The submission of an application gives Govan Mbeki Municipality the right to perform reference checks from current and previous employers as well as academic institutions.
People with disabilities are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated.