ASSISTANT ARTISAN: WATER AND SEWER NETWORK DISTRIBUTION06/11/2019
ASSISTANT ARTISAN: MECHANICAL WORKSHOP06/11/2019
CLOSING DATE: Friday, 22 November 2019 at 16:00
DEPARTMENT: TECHNICAL SERVICES
ASSISTANT ARTISAN: ENERGY
(Section : Energy) – 8 Positions
- Grade 12
- National Technical Certificate (Level 2) or Equivalent Competency Certificate
- Basic level of literacy / numeracy required to read instructions, notices and procedures
- 1 Year experience in an electrical division
- Basic knowledge of electricity , street lights and low voltage networks ( 220 V and 400 V )
- Knowledge of medium voltage cable joining and termination
- Basic knowledge of hand / power tools and network equipment
- The ability to load and carry weights of ± 20 kg’s
- Must not have a fear of heights or suffer from claustrophobia
- Must be willing to work overtime and stand by duties
Key Performance Areas:
- Clean and check tools, materials and vehicles ( Trucks and Light Delivery Vehicles )
- Load and off-load materials and tools from vehicles
- Clean and remove clutter from site after completion of tasks
- Assist Superior with putting up of ladders on overhead lines
- Ensure that equipment and tools are ready to use
- Assist with construction of overhead lines
- Assist with the dismantling and slacking of conductors and bundle lines
- Assist with laying of low and medium voltage cables including stripping of cables
- Dig holes and Trenches.
- Assist with testing and fault finding on cables
- Assist with wiring of distribution and metering kiosks, including circuit breakers
- Assist with installation and maintenance of low, medium voltage switch gear, transformers and protection devices
- Maintenance of streetlight networks and wiring of streetlight fittings
- Wiring of controls of streetlight panels
- Use of power tools such as chainsaws and bush cutters
ANNUAL BASIC SALARY: R158 004.00 per annum (post level 11) plus normal company benefits & a 25% non-pensionable allowance
- Interested applicants meeting the requirements should forward a detailed CV with cover page and reference number (including certified copies of qualifications and identity document not older than 3 months old) to: The Municipal Manager, Govan Mbeki Municipality, c/o Manager Human Resources, Private Bag X1017, Secunda, 2302. Faxed or e-mailed applications will not be considered.
- All short listed applicants will be required to produce their original qualifications/documents at the interviews (failure to comply will result in disqualification).
- Correspondence will only be entered into with short listed candidates. Applicants who have not been contacted within thirty (30) days of the closing date should consider their applications unsuccessful.
- The Govan Mbeki Municipality reserves the right not to make an appointment and to re-advertise positions.
- The submission of an application gives Govan Mbeki Municipality the right to perform reference checks from current and previous employers as well as academic institutions.
People with disabilities are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated.