ASSISTANT: ELECTRICAL FACILITY MAINTENANCE06/11/2019
SUPERVISOR: WASTE WATER TREATMENT WORKS06/11/2019
CLOSING DATE: Friday, 22 November 2019 at 16:00
DEPARTMENT: TECHNICAL SERVICES
(Sections: Roads and Stormwater; Energy; Water and Sewer Network;
WWTW and Pump Stations) – 31 Positions
- Grade 10
- Communication skills to ensure effective reporting
- Physically fit to perform physical duties
- Applicant must be prepared to work irregular and long hours
- The incumbent will be required to follow instructions given and carry out labour intensive duties
- Ability to operate and work with heavy equipment and tools on regular basis
Key Performance Areas:
- mplement safe working procedures
- Report to immediate Supervisor
- Dig trenches as instructed and assist with the preparation of the bedding, lying of pipes and cables, backfilling and compacting the trench by using correct tools and equipment during the repair of sewer pipelines
- Unblock or open sewer manholes and pipelines by removing roots and silt from pipe benching
- Clean sewer pump stations
- Disinfect polluted areas by applying disinfectant
- Leave site in a neat and tidy condition by removing items of pollution.
- Assist Supervisor to locate buried sewer manholes and valves by using metal detectors and picks
- Assist with the repairs of sewer and water mains
- Prevent restriction of flow into the pump station by cleaning screening on incoming sewer into the pump station with rakes
- Maintain sewer manholes by replacing broken or stolen sewer manhole lids and frames
- Clean silt traps and wet wells by using shovels, spades, buckets and sludge sumps
- Clean final contact channels
- Clean PST’s, bio-filters, humus tanks and clarifiers
- Removal of dried sludge
- Unblocking of nozzles at bio-filters
- Clean valve boxes, water meters and fire hydrants
- Clean pressure tanks/reservoirs
- Wear protective clothing at all times
- Load, off-load and move work related goods and equipment
- Assist in operation & maintenance of all commercial and residential electricity
- Assist with the rendering of Roads and Storm Water services for proper construction and maintenance of all services
ANNUAL BASIC SALARY: R115 080.00 per annum (post level 16) plus normal company benefits & a 25% non-pensionable allowance
- Interested applicants meeting the requirements should forward a detailed CV with cover page and reference number (including certified copies of qualifications and identity document not older than 3 months old) to: The Municipal Manager, Govan Mbeki Municipality, c/o Manager Human Resources, Private Bag X1017, Secunda, 2302. Faxed or e-mailed applications will not be considered.
- All short listed applicants will be required to produce their original qualifications/documents at the interviews (failure to comply will result in disqualification).
- Correspondence will only be entered into with short listed candidates. Applicants who have not been contacted within thirty (30) days of the closing date should consider their applications unsuccessful.
- The Govan Mbeki Municipality reserves the right not to make an appointment and to re-advertise positions.
- The submission of an application gives Govan Mbeki Municipality the right to perform reference checks from current and previous employers as well as academic institutions.
People with disabilities are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated.