SENIOR SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR – REVENUE MANAGEMENT (RATES & BILLING)06/11/2019
CLOSING DATE: Friday, 10 January 2020 at 16:00
DEPARTMENT TECHNICAL SERVICES
DEPUTY DIRECTOR WATER & SANITATION (REF: 2019-20/027)
- Sc, B.Eng or B.Tech Civil Engineering or equivalent
- Valid Driver’s license
- Experience in conveyance, pumping, treatment and disposal of sewer and/or potable water
- Five (5) years managerial experience in Local Government
- Registration as a Professional Engineer or Technologist with ECSA or eligible for registration
- Computer Literacy
Key Performance Areas:
- Manage the water, scientific services and sanitation functions with specific reference to:
- Collecting and conveying waterborne sewerage / treating sewerage to standards to allow discharge to a watercourse / on site sanitation by understanding the interaction of the functions of the sewerage department with other departments.
- Monitor performance, conveyance, treatment statistics, staff matters, projects and budgets by scrutinizing reports.
- Develop, manage and implement maintenance plans for water and sanitation infrastructure.
- Correct and guide subordinates in implantation of council resolutions and objectives and providing advice.
- Control engineering contracts relating to new infrastructure, maintenance and upgrading of existing infrastructure.
- Identify and define short and long term objectives and plans.
- Keep abreast with technological developments in rehabilitation and maintenance of water and waste water systems.
- Analyse and align requirements with operating capability.
- Human resource management (training, personnel development, performance, discipline, overtime, etc).
- Monitor Contractor performance against agreed terms and conditions through interaction and site inspections.
- Attend meetings and provide comments and opinions on matters affecting or concerning functionality.
- Ensure compliance to Blue drop and Green Drop requirements.
- Develop and implement Water Conservation and Water Demand Strategies to ensure compliance to No Drop Requirements.
- Develop long term, masterplans and WSDP related to Water and Sanitation.
- Financial Control and Management.
SALARY: R499 632.00 per annum (post level 2) plus normal company benefits, a 25% NPA & travelling
- Interested applicants meeting the requirements should forward a detailed CV with cover page and reference number (including certified copies of qualifications and identity document not older than 3 months old) to: The Municipal Manager, Govan Mbeki Municipality, c/o Manager Human Resources, Private Bag X1017, Secunda, 2302. Faxed or e-mailed applications will not be considered.
- All short listed applicants will be required to produce their original qualifications/documents at the interviews (failure to comply will result in disqualification).
- Correspondence will only be entered into with short listed candidates. Applicants who have not been contacted within thirty (30) days of the closing date should consider their applications unsuccessful.
- The Govan Mbeki Municipality reserves the right not to make an appointment and to re-advertise positions.
- The submission of an application gives Govan Mbeki Municipality the right to perform reference checks from current and previous employers as well as academic institutions.
People with disabilities are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated.