CLOSING DATE: Friday, 22 November 2019 at 16:00
DEPARTMENT: TECHNICAL SERVICES
SUPERVISOR: WASTE WATER TREATMENT WORKS
(Section : Waste Water Treatment Works) – 2 Positions
- Grade 12
- Water Care Diploma NQF level 4
- Classification by DWA as Process Controller Class IV
- Minimum of Five (5) years’ relevant experience in at waste water treatment works
- Communication skills to ensure that reporting is effective
- Be prepared to work shifts (after hours and weekends)
- Computer Literacy
- Valid Code 08 Drivers License
- Leadership skills
- Knowledge of Green Drop Compliance
Key Performance Areas:
- Supervising a wastewater treatment works in order to ensure that the treated effluent complies with the required legislated standards.
- Improving functional capability of subordinate staff through training , mentoring, coaching.
- Exercising partial control over the Process Controller responsible for process control by: setting guidelines and procedures and requesting reports on various matters
- Supervision of personnel, their standby and after hours duties
- Weekly inspections of all the waste water treatment units and pump stations.
- Submission of procurement requirements timeously while ensuring that proper stock and inventory management is performed.
- Reviewing the performance of the wastewater treatment works by: perusing results supplied by Scientific Services ,to strive for continuous improvement and reduction in operating cost
- Implement operational process changes to ensure that the desired effluent compliance with legislated standards is obtained
- Ensure the maintenance of assets by :keeping record of all equipment removal and receipt, issuing the information to the asset management section, following the maintenance schedule and taking corrective action when necessary
- Continuously update the green drop file as per the requirements.
ANNUAL BASIC SALARY: R282 468.00 per annum (Post Level 7) plus normal company benefits & a 25% non-pensionable allowance
- Interested applicants meeting the requirements should forward a detailed CV with cover page and reference number (including certified copies of qualifications and identity document not older than 3 months old) to: The Municipal Manager, Govan Mbeki Municipality, c/o Manager Human Resources, Private Bag X1017, Secunda, 2302. Faxed or e-mailed applications will not be considered.
- All short listed applicants will be required to produce their original qualifications/documents at the interviews (failure to comply will result in disqualification).
- Correspondence will only be entered into with short listed candidates. Applicants who have not been contacted within thirty (30) days of the closing date should consider their applications unsuccessful.
- The Govan Mbeki Municipality reserves the right not to make an appointment and to re-advertise positions.
- The submission of an application gives Govan Mbeki Municipality the right to perform reference checks from current and previous employers as well as academic institutions.
People with disabilities are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated.