SUPERVISOR: ENERGY OPERATIONS AND MAINTENANCE06/11/2019
CLOSING DATE: Friday, 22 November 2019 at 16:00
DEPARTMENT: TECHNICAL SERVICES
MANAGER: WATER AND SANITATION (1 Position)
(Section : Water and Sanitation)
- B-Tech / B.Degree in Civil Engineering
- Minimum of three (3) years Management experience within Local Government
- Computer Literacy
- Registration with the Engineering Council of SA (ECSA) as a Professional Technologist or eligible for registration
- Code 08 (EC) Drivers License
- Good communication skills
- Be available and willing to work abnormal hours
Key Performance Areas:
- Provide an affordable service for the conveyance, treatment & disposal of sewerage including a sanitation service.
- Manage the water and sanitation functions (collecting and conveying waterborne sewerage)
- Manage on site sanitation, such as pit latrines for rural areas and areas where there is no bulk infrastructure.
- Set up, implement and maintain maintenance management systems, operations policies, goals and objectives, standards and procedures and control systems
- Investigate requirements and expectations and institute corrective and control actions
- Monitor divisional performance, conveyance and treatment statistics, staff matters, projects and budgets by scrutinizing reports
- Negotiate with senior government officials and management of private companies with regard to conditions of service providers
- Implement decisions related to new works and development by allocating funds, prioritizing projects and authorizing consultants and contractors to proceed with work
- Report on policy, institutional matters, sewerage matters, legal and contractual issues by compiling and submitting recommendations to Council
- Interact with the IDP & departments on reporting by supplying financial and technical information by set deadlines
- Correct and guide subordinates in implementation of council objectives by advising on policy, legal and technical issues
- Identify and define the immediate, short and long term objectives and plans associated with water and sanitation maintenance
- Direct and control outcomes associated with utilization, productivity and performance of personnel with the Water and Sanitation maintenance section.
- Prepare capital and operating estimates and control expenditure against the approved budget allocations
- Manage the formulation of specific contracts and tender documents and control contractual obligations
- Disseminate functional and operational information to the immediate, short and long term objectives and developments, problems and constraints
- Act as Deputy Director Water and Sanitation in his/her absence as and when required
- Co-ordinate and monitor the offering of any type of assistance required by local municipalities
- Compilation of Technical Guidelines, Annual Water and Sewer Network maintenance plans and procedures
- Budget compilation and control
- Co-ordinate and implement ordinances, regulations, policies and by-laws
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the Blue, Green and No Drop Certification Programs
ANNUAL BASIC SALARY: R452 520.00 per annum (post level 3) plus normal company benefits & a 25% non-pensionable allowance
- Interested applicants meeting the requirements should forward a detailed CV with cover page and reference number (including certified copies of qualifications and identity document not older than 3 months old) to: The Municipal Manager, Govan Mbeki Municipality, c/o Manager Human Resources, Private Bag X1017, Secunda, 2302. Faxed or e-mailed applications will not be considered.
- All short listed applicants will be required to produce their original qualifications/documents at the interviews (failure to comply will result in disqualification).
- Correspondence will only be entered into with short listed candidates. Applicants who have not been contacted within thirty (30) days of the closing date should consider their applications unsuccessful.
- The Govan Mbeki Municipality reserves the right not to make an appointment and to re-advertise positions.
- The submission of an application gives Govan Mbeki Municipality the right to perform reference checks from current and previous employers as well as academic institutions.
People with disabilities are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated.