DIRECTOR PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT (REF: 2019-20 / 002)26/08/2019
BUILDING CONTROL OFFICER09/09/2019
CLOSING DATE: Friday, 23 September 2019 at 16:00
DEPARTMENT: PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT
MANAGER TOWN AND REGIONAL PLANNING (Section: Land Use Management)
- Degree or B-Tech in Building Science / Town and Regional Planning or equivalent
- Five (5) years relevant experience preferably within local government, with three (3) years in a senior planning position
- Knowledge of the Spatial Planning and Land Use Management Act, National Building Regulations, Financial Regulations, Procedures and Policies
- Financial management (budgeting)
- Registration as a Professional with SACP (South African Council of Planners)
- Valid Code EB (08) Driver’s Licence
- Knowledge of GIS
Key Performance Areas:
- Management of the Town and Regional Planning Section – including Land Use Management, Spatial Planning, Building Control and GIS.
- Manage and control the section’s operational budget.
- Implementation of the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Manage the development and maintenance of comprehensive geographic information systems (GIS).
- Implementation of the Municipal Strategy on GIS.
- Oversee and manage the development of Integrated Planning Policies, Strategies and Guidelines.
- Scrutinize business and industrial buildings plans to ensure compliance with Town Planning regulations.
- Providing verbal and written correspondence to the public regarding GIS, Town Planning information and proposed new developments.
- Develop general master plan programs for overall planning of operations, including updates of land use, zoning, subdivision, transportation planning, local planning and housing studies.
- Consult with and advise developers, constructors, members of the general public, various organizations and agencies, elected officials and attorneys on planning related issues and legal matters relating to planning functions.
ANNUAL BASIC SALARY: R452 520.00 (post level 3) plus normal company benefits & a 25% non-pensionable allowance
- Interested applicants meeting the requirements should forward a detailed CV with cover page and reference number (including certified copies of qualifications and identity document not older than 3 months old) to: The Municipal Manager, Govan Mbeki Municipality, c/o Manager Human Resources, Private Bag X1017, Secunda, 2302. Faxed or e-mailed applications will not be considered.
- All short listed applicants will be required to produce their original qualifications/documents at the interviews (failure to comply will result in disqualification).
- Correspondence will only be entered into with short listed candidates. Applicants who have not been contacted within thirty (30) days of the closing date should consider their applications unsuccessful.
- The Govan Mbeki Municipality reserves the right not to make an appointment and to re-advertise positions.
- The submission of an application gives Govan Mbeki Municipality the right to perform reference checks from current and previous employers as well as academic institutions.
People with disabilities are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated.