SENIOR SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR – REVENUE MANAGEMENT (RATES & BILLING)06/11/2019
CLOSING DATE: Friday, 14th February 2019 at 16:00
DEPARTMENT: CORPORATE SERVICES
(Section : Records Management)
- Grade 12
- National Diploma in Information Management (with Archives & Records Management) or equivalent NQF level 6 qualification
- Relevant Degree with Archives & Records Management as majors will be an added advantage
- Five (5) years relevant experience preferably with local government
- Knowledge of the National Archives Act
- Valid Code EB (08) Driver’s LicenceKey Performance Areas:
- Overall Management of the Records Section.
- Assist in ensuring that the Municipality has and provides an effective Archives / Records Management service to meet the institutional objectives.
- Monitoring existing systems and procedures within the various offices and sections to ensure compliance to the National Archives Act.
- Management of the human resources within the section (planning of daily activities, supervision and delegation of tasks, training, approval of leave, monitoring of time and attendance, implementation of discipline)
- Attend to correspondence and enquiries that cannot be dealt with by subordinates.
- Responsible for the keeping and retrieval of security documentation.
- Ensure that an effective File Plan is implemented, updated and complied with.
- Assist with ensuring that the Electronic Document Management System is optimally utilized.
- Co-ordinating the sequences to facilitate the archiving and disposal of obsolete records and documentation.
- Determining the retention period of records and documentation taking into account their functional, legal and/or historical need within the Municipality.
- Records Management education (issuing of circulars and instructions on record keeping and record management practices, workshop newly recruited employees on relevant record management practices at Induction).
ANNUAL BASIC SALARY: R409 788.00 (post level 4) plus normal company benefits & a 25% non-pensionable allowance
- Interested applicants meeting the requirements should forward a detailed CV with cover page and reference number (including certified copies of qualifications and identity document not older than 3 months old) to: The Municipal Manager, Govan Mbeki Municipality, c/o Manager Human Resources, Private Bag X1017, Secunda, 2302. Faxed or e-mailed applications will not be considered.
- All short listed applicants will be required to produce their original qualifications/documents at the interviews (failure to comply will result in disqualification).
- Correspondence will only be entered into with short listed candidates. Applicants who have not been contacted within thirty (30) days of the closing date should consider their applications unsuccessful.
- The Govan Mbeki Municipality reserves the right not to make an appointment and to re-advertise positions.
- The submission of an application gives Govan Mbeki Municipality the right to perform reference checks from current and previous employers as well as academic institutions.
People with disabilities are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated.