THIS POSITION IS FOR TEMPORARY EMPLOYMENT 12 MONTH TERM CONTRACT
CLOSING DATE: Monday, 22 February 2021 at 16:00
DEPARTMENT CORPORATE SERVICES
TEMPORARY COVID-19 DECONTAMINATION OPERATOR – 2 Positions
Section: Occupational Health & Safety
(REF: 2020-21 / 020)
- Grade 12
- Relevant OSHA Training
- Course in HAZMAT Material Handling and Application
- Knowledge of cleaning chemicals and supplies
- Knowledge on the application of disinfectants, biocides, fungicides and pesticides to a variety of surfaces and areas
- Code B Driver’s License
- Good planning and organizing skills
- Communication skills
- Adherence to strict guidelines and procedures
- Successful applicant should not fall within the category of high risk individuals in terms of the Disaster Regulations
Key Performance Areas:
- Assist with the Covid-19 disinfection, containment and control by means of deep cleaning and ULV (Ultra Low Volume) fogging equipment in all Municipal offices and facilities, as well as municipal vehicles
- Routine decontamination and disinfection of all touchpoints that include: key touchpoints such as door handles, handrails, push plates, light switches, remote controls, taps and desks
- Routine decontamination and disinfection of all other touchpoints such as office equipment, keyboards, kitchen equipment and walls.
- Compiling post-treatment reports confirming decontamination and disinfection.
SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT WILL BE APPOINTED ON A TWELVE (12) MONTH FIXED TERM CONTRACT
ANNUAL BASIC SALARY: R213 756.00 per annum (level 9 )
- Interested applicants meeting the requirements should forward a detailed CV with cover page and reference number (including certified copies of qualifications and identity document not older than 3 months old) to: The Municipal Manager, Govan Mbeki Municipality, c/o Manager Human Resources, Private Bag X1017, Secunda, 2302. Faxed or e-mailed applications will not be considered.
- All short listed applicants will be required to produce their original qualifications/documents at the interviews (failure to comply will result in disqualification).
- Correspondence will only be entered into with short listed candidates. Applicants who have not been contacted within thirty (30) days of the closing date should consider their applications unsuccessful.
- The Govan Mbeki Municipality reserves the right not to make an appointment and to re-advertise positions.
- The submission of an application gives Govan Mbeki Municipality the right to perform reference checks from current and previous employers as well as academic institutions.
Govan Mbeki Municipality is committed to the achievement and compliance of diversity and employment equity, especially in terms of race, gender and disability.
Faxed or e-mailed applications and those without abovementioned accompanying documents will NOT be considered.
Govan Mbeki Municipality reserves the right not to fill the advertised post and/or re-advertise the post. If you do not hear from us within three (3) months after the closing date, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.