CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER (REF: 2021-22 / 015)29/03/2021
MUNICIPAL MANAGER (REF: 2021-22 / 014)06/09/2021
DEPARTMENT TECHNICAL SERVICES
CLOSING DATE: Friday, 24 September 2021 at 16:00
TECHNICIAN: ENERGY MANAGEMENT, CONTROL AND PROTECTION (1 Position)
- National Diploma in Electrical Engineering
- Three (3) years relevant experience in Electrical Services
- Valid Code B (08) Driver’s License
- Computer Literacy
- Basic to advanced knowledge in the use of AutoCAD
- Ability to interpret & implement utility practices & policies
- Knowledge on the National Electric Safety Code & the grid codes
- Competent in writing technical documents & correspondence
- Demonstrated ability in both written & verbal communications
Key Performance Areas:
- Planning and organizing of work according to the Service Delivery Budget Implementation Plan.
- Ensure compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and relevant regulations.
- Planning and controlling of daily activities and leading the work force.
- Assist in the compilation of yearly operation budget and the controlling thereof.
- Compiling maintenance programs and work procedures.
- Chairing of planning meetings and monitoring the execution of tasks.
- Compilation and reading of electrical drawings.
- Application of sound engineering standards.
- Prepare overhead and / or underground designs for electric line extensions and system modifications for highly complex and multi-faceted projects.
- Project planning with regard to the preparation and review of designs and associated technical drawings.
- Prepare accurate material lists and costs for planning, maintenance and project management.
- Prepare detailed supporting documents eg: construction drawings, topographic profiles, work order information, costs, staking sheets, easements, permits, etc. associated with electrical services which are compliant with the requirements of the utility.
- Prepare financial reports (costs & expenditure) as requested for service delivery or Capital Improvement Projects.
- Assist utility planning division with mapping and data corrections or updates to the distribution system based on assigned and overseen projects.
- Assist system planning division with preparation of annual Capital Improvement Project budgets.
- Promote teamwork amongst employees from the engineering and operational departments.
- Interpret and implement related regulatory Electrical and Engineering Codes of South Africa.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Senior Management.
BASIC ANNUAL SALARY: R 375 180.00 per annum (post level 5) plus normal company benefits, travelling allowance and non-pensionable allowance