OFFICE OF THE MM: CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER29/03/2021
INTERNAL / EXTERNAL : ARTISAN: ENERGY OPERATION & MAINTENANCE21/04/2021
EIGHT PERMANENT POSITIONS
CLOSING DATE: Friday, 16 April 2021 at 16:00
DEPARTMENT: TECHNICAL SERVICES
ASSISTANT ARTISAN: ENERGY OPERATION & MAINTENANCE
(Section: Energy)-15 Positions
- Grade 10 or Equivalent
- At least 2 Years’ Experience in the Electrical Environment.
- Basic Electrical Certificate/ Electrical CAT3 Certificate
- Code C1, Driver’s License will be an advantage
- Good communication, interpersonal and conflict management skills.
Key Performance Areas:
- Assist Artisan with customer complaints
- Assist in construction and maintenance of overhead distribution lines and underground network
- Assist in termination and jointing of high, medium and low voltage cables
- Assist Artisan to perform standby duties outside normal working hours
- Ensure that equipment and tools are ready to use
- Clean and remove clutter after completion of tasks.
- Dig holes and trenches.
- Assist with testing and fault finding on cables
- Load and off load materials and tools from vehicles.
- Clean and check tools, materials and vehicles. (Trucks and light delivery vehicles).
- Assist with wiring of distribution and metering kiosk including circuit breakers.
ANNUAL BASIC SALARY: R167 880.00 per annum (post level 11) plus normal company benefits & a 25% non-pensionable allowance
- Please note
- Interested applicants meeting the requirements should forward a detailed cv with cover page and reference number (including certified copies of qualifications d identity documents not older than 3months old) to: The municipal manager, Govan Mbeki Municipality, c/o Manager Human Resources, Private Bag X1017, secunda,2302. Faxed or emailed applications will not be considered.
- All short-listed applicants will be required to produce their original qualifications/documents at the interviews (failure to comply will result in disqualification)
- Correspondence will only be entered into with shortlisted candidates, Applicants who have not been contacted within thirty (30) days of the closing date should consider their applications unsuccessful
- The Govan Mbeki Municipality reserves the right not to make an appointment and to re-advertise positions
- The submission of an application gives Govan Mbeki Municipality the rights to perform reference checks from current and previous employers as well as academic institutions
- People with disabilities are encourage to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated