SECRETARY TO MMC COMMUNITY SERVICES08/06/2022
CHIEF OF TRAFFIC21/06/2022
DEPARTMENT : OFFICE OF THE SPEAKER
MANAGER: COUNCIL SUPPORT AND PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
(Fixed term contract linked to the Speaker of Council)
- National Diploma in Public Administration, Social Science, Economics; Business Management / Business Administration, Legal or equivalent NQF 6 qualification
- B Degree NQF 7 Qualification will be an added advantage
- Computer literacy – Office Applications
- 3-5 Years’ experience in Government environment
- Valid Code B Driver’s License
- Good interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
Key Performance Areas:
- Liaising with the Department Corporate Services on the drafting of Council agendas.
- Assisting the Speaker in overseeing functionality of the Rules Committee, Section 79 Council Committees and other Council committees.
- Liaising with the Office of the Chief Whip, Executive Mayor, MMC’s, Councillors and departments on behalf of the Speaker of Council.
- Ensure implementation of Council Resolutions.
- Organizing, planning and implementing the Operation Vuka Sisebente and other programmes in the Office of the Speaker of Council, with regard to the key performance areas and outcomes.
- Coordinating the sitting of the Speaker’s Forums and coordinating the technical team of Strategic Managers within the municipal area.
- Consolidate reports from ward committees.
- Developing and Facilitating Public Participation Programmes, People’s Assemblies and Imbizo’s.
- Planning and executing events of the Office of the Speaker.
- Coordinating moral regeneration movement programmes.
- Maintaining documents pertaining to the Code of Conduct for Councilors.
- Managing the administrative procedures associates with the Office of the Speaker.
- Monitoring and controlling the outcomes associated with utilization, productivity and performance of personnel within the Speaker’s Office.
- Oversee the development and implementation of strategies and operational plan in the Office of the Executive Mayor in terms of legislation, Council policies and procedures.
- Prepare, manage and control the annual operational budget of the Office of the Speaker.
- Manage resources allocated to the Office of the Speaker
CLOSING DATE: Friday, 24 June 2022 at 12:00
ANNUAL BASIC SALARY: R 497 616.00 per annum (post level 3) + Normal company benefits and a 25% Non-Pensionable allowance .
* Successful applicant will be required to enter into a fixed term contract linked to the Speaker of Council
- Interested applicants meeting the requirements should forward the following:
- Official Application Form which is available at the Secunda Main Offices, All Regional Offices as well as the on the Municipal Website govanmbeki.gov.za;
- Detailed CV, Certified copies of Qualifications and Identity Document (not older than 3 months old)
- Applications not submitted with the Official Application Form will not be considered
- All short listed applicants will be required to produce their original qualifications/documents at the interviews. Failure to comply will result in disqualification.
- Applications must be addressed to: The Manager Human Resources, Private Bag X1017, Secunda, 2302. Faxed or e-mailed applications will not be considered.
- Applications can be submitted at all Municipal Offices throughout the Govan Mbeki Municipal jurisdiction.
- Communication will only be between the recruitment section and shortlisted candidates. Applicants who have not been contacted within thirty (30) days of the closing date should consider their applications unsuccessful.
- The Govan Mbeki Municipality reserves the right not to make an appointment and to re-advertise positions.
- The submission of an application gives Govan Mbeki Municipality the right to perform reference checks from current and previous employers as well as academic institutions.
- People with disabilities are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated.