EIGHT PERMANENT POSITIONS
CLOSING DATE: Wednesday, 24 March 2021 at 16:00
INTERNAL RE – ADVERTISEMENT
DEPARTMENT : COMMUNITY SERVICES
HEAVY VEHICLE DRIVER (Compactor Trucks) – Section: Solid Waste Management
- Valid Code C or EC Driver’s license plus PDP
- Five (5) years driving experience with the appropriate vehicle
- Possession of an appropriate code driver’s license for the vehicle assigned and be responsible for renewal or registration thereof when required
- Renewal of professional drivers permit when required
- Physically fit to perform any duties with regard to rendering refuse removal services
- Must be able to receive instructions and communicate in English
Key Performance Areas:
- Driving the assigned vehicle in a responsible manner while attending to refuse removal functions
- Executing the instructions of the Supervisor promptly
- Completing check lists and log sheets with required information
- Reporting all defects, un-roadworthy or mechanical breakages to the supervisor
- Notifying the Supervisor of all accidents, damages, losses and breakages of the assigned vehicle
- Reporting any injury on duty to the Supervisor
- Adhering to the Municipality’s Vehicle, Transport & Equipment Policy
- Attending to complaints received regarding Solid Waste Management
ANNUAL BASIC SALARY: R167 880.00 (post level 11) plus normal company benefits & a 25% non-pensionable allowance
In terms of Chapter 2 of the Municipal Regulations on Financial Misconduct, Procedures and Criminal Procedures, Government Gazette No. 37682 of May 2014 on Local Government: Municipal Finance Management Act,2003, the Govan Mbeki Local Council hereby invites applications from interested person to be appointed on a part-time basis to be a member of the Municipality’s Disciplinary Board. The Govan Mbeki Municipality has establish an Independent Advisory Body that will assist the Council with the investigations of allegations of financial misconduct, and provide further steps to be taken regarding disciplinary proceedings.
- Interested applicants meeting the requirements should forward a detailed CV with cover page and reference number (including certified copies of qualifications and identity document not older than 3 months old) to: The Municipal Manager, Govan Mbeki Municipality, c/o Manager Human Resources, Private Bag X1017, Secunda, 2302. Faxed or e-mailed applications will not be considered.
- All short listed applicants will be required to produce their original qualifications/documents at the interviews (failure to comply will result in disqualification).
- Correspondence will only be entered into with short listed candidates. Applicants who have not been contacted within thirty (30) days of the closing date should consider their applications unsuccessful.
- The Govan Mbeki Municipality reserves the right not to make an appointment and to re-advertise positions.
- The submission of an application gives Govan Mbeki Municipality the right to perform reference checks from current and previous employers as well as academic institutions.
- People with disabilities are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated.