DEPARTMENT: FINANCE MANAGER EXPENDITURE06/11/2019
CLOSING DATE: Friday, 13th November 2020 at 16:00
DEPARTMENT TECHNICAL SERVICES
SENIOR ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN (WATER & SANITATION) 2 positions – Ref: 2020-21 /17
- Grade 12
- National Diploma in Civil Engineering
- B-Tech in Civil Engineering will be an added advantage
- Three (3) year relevant experience preferably in local government
- Valid code EB (08) Driver’s license
- Computer Literacy
- Registration with applicable professional body will be an added advantage
- Ability to work under pressure
- Project Management skills
- Strong leadership skills for effective HR management & conflict resolution. Sound interpersonal & communications skills
Key Performance Areas:
- Planning of Water and Sanitation operations within the region, including the provision of water.
- Maintenance management within the water and sanitation sub-division, including preventative maintenance of the water and sanitation infrastructure.
- Project Management.
- Directing and controlling the technical & operational outcomes & functions related to regional Water & Sanitation
- Assisting with the development, promotion and implementation of departmental water and sanitation strategies.
- Fleet monitoring and management.
- Monitoring the quality and performance of water and sanitation services within the region.
- Collecting statistics and compiling reports in terms of strict deadlines.
- Assisting with the development of information and material and conducting regular education and awareness campaigns.
- Dealing with enquiries and complaints from members of the public, via the Call Centre, in person and by phone or email.
- Investigating and following up complaints related to water and sanitation services.
- Executing duties delegated as per Council Resolutions, By-laws and instructions given.
- Human Resource Management with regard to training, performance, productivity, discipline, etc.
ANNUAL BASIC SALARY: R435 408.00 (level 4) excluding normal company benefits and a 25% non-pensionable allowance.
- Interested applicants meeting the requirements should forward a detailed CV with cover page and reference number (including certified copies of qualifications and identity document not older than 3 months old) to: The Municipal Manager, Govan Mbeki Municipality, c/o Manager Human Resources, Private Bag X1017, Secunda, 2302. Faxed or e-mailed applications will not be considered.
- All short listed applicants will be required to produce their original qualifications/documents at the interviews (failure to comply will result in disqualification).
- Correspondence will only be entered into with short listed candidates. Applicants who have not been contacted within thirty (30) days of the closing date should consider their applications unsuccessful.
- The Govan Mbeki Municipality reserves the right not to make an appointment and to re-advertise positions.
- The submission of an application gives Govan Mbeki Municipality the right to perform reference checks from current and previous employers as well as academic institutions.
People with disabilities are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated.