ASSISTANT ASSET PRACTITIONER27/06/2018
INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL VACANCY
ASSISTANT ASSET PRACTITIONER (1 Position)
- Grade 12
- Diploma in Financial Management or equivalent qualification
- Three (3) years Local Government experience
- Knowledge of MFMA and related Municipal Finance regulations and policies
- Sound knowledge of GRAP standards relating to Asset Management will be an added advantage
- Computer Literacy with specifics in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
Key Performance Areas:
- Recording assets and maintaining the Assets Register for effective asset management
- Ensuring correct recording of essential asset information
- Correcting recording of asset movements
- Exercising strict physical control over all assets
- Substantiating and Accounting of assets as per Annual Financial Statements
- Ensuring compliance with Asset Management Policy
- Performing physical verification of Municipal Assets
- Adhoc tasks as requested by superior
ANNUAL BASIC SALARY: R208 980.00 per annum (level 8) plus normal company benefits
CLOSING DATE: Friday, 13 July 2018 at 16:00
- Interested applicants meeting the requirements should forward a detailed CV with cover page and reference number (including certified copies of qualifications and identity document not older than 3 months old) to: The Municipal Manager, Govan Mbeki Municipality, c/o Manager Human Resources, Private Bag X1017, Secunda, 2302. Faxed or e-mailed applications will not be considered.
- All short listed applicants will be required to produce their original qualifications/documents at the interviews (failure to comply will result in disqualification).
- Correspondence will only be entered into with short listed candidates. Applicants who have not been contacted within thirty (30) days of the closing date should consider their applications unsuccessful.
- The Govan Mbeki Municipality reserves the right not to make an appointment and to re-advertise positions.
- The submission of an application gives Govan Mbeki Municipality the right to perform reference checks from current and previous employers as well as academic institutions.
- People with disabilities are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated.