CLERK: CREDIT CONTROL & DEBT COLLECTION27/06/2018
CLERK: CREDIT CONTROL & DEBT COLLECTION (3 Positions)
- Grade 12
- Diploma in Local Governance or equivalent qualification
- Two (2) years Local Government experience
- Knowledge of MFMA and related Municipal Finance regulations and policies
- Sound knowledge of Debt collection procedures will be an added advantage
- Sound administrative, organizational and customer service
- Knowledge of MSCOA complaint Finance Management Systems will be an advantage
Key Performance Areas:
- Processing invoices
- Reconciliation of creditor statements – month end
- Assisting in checking and verifying of all transfers, debit and credit notes, journals, vote numbers and allocations
- Checking new orders from stores
- Ensuring compliance with Supply Chain Management Policy
- Identification and recover overdue accounts
- Assisting in coordination of control procedures and sequences associated with indigent subsidies
- Assisting in development and ensuring that the implantation of Credit Control Policy
- Use internal functions and activities to ensure timely and proper collection of all income
ANNUAL BASIC SALARY: R176 544.00 per annum (level 9) plus normal company benefits
CLOSING DATE: Friday, 13 July 2018 at 16:00
- Interested applicants meeting the requirements should forward a detailed CV with cover page and reference number (including certified copies of qualifications and identity document not older than 3 months old) to: The Municipal Manager, Govan Mbeki Municipality, c/o Manager Human Resources, Private Bag X1017, Secunda, 2302. Faxed or e-mailed applications will not be considered.
- All short listed applicants will be required to produce their original qualifications/documents at the interviews (failure to comply will result in disqualification).
- Correspondence will only be entered into with short listed candidates. Applicants who have not been contacted within thirty (30) days of the closing date should consider their applications unsuccessful.
- The Govan Mbeki Municipality reserves the right not to make an appointment and to re-advertise positions.
- The submission of an application gives Govan Mbeki Municipality the right to perform reference checks from current and previous employers as well as academic institutions.
- People with disabilities are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated.