OFFICE OF THE MUNICIPAL MANAGER
REGIONAL MANAGER – REGION 1, 2 AND 3
REGION 1(REF: 2018-19/004) Bethal and eMzinoni
REGION 2 (REF: 2018-19/005) Secunda, Trichardt, Evander, Kinross and Leandra
REGION 3 (REF:2018-19/006) eMbalenhle and Charl Chilliers
· Appropriate B-Degree or equivalent in Municipal Administration / Management Sciences / Public Administration
· Five (5) years’ administrative experience, of which at least two (2) years must be at senior management level
· Knowledge and understanding of the local government environment
· Effective multi-disciplinary management skills
· Strategic leadership, financial and project management skills
· Valid Code EB driver’s license
· Good knowledge and understanding of relevant policy, legislation, institutional governance systems and performance management
· Computer Literate in MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project and MS Power Point
· Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
· Ability to strategically plan, negotiate and communicate at all spheres of government and with all stakeholders
· A relevant Postgraduate qualification would be an added advantage.
· Strategic Direction and Leadership
· People Management
· Program and Project Management
· Financial Management
· Change Leadership
· Governance Leadership
Knowledge And Understanding:
· of relevant policies and legislation
· of institutional governance systems and performance management
· of the following corporate support services: human capital management, legal services, information communication technology and council support
· of supply chain management regulations and framework
· of Labour Relations Act and other labour related prescripts
· of coordination and oversight of all specialised support functions of Council operations and delegation of powers
Key Performance Areas:
As the Regional Manager, the incumbent will take responsibility for overall performance in the following areas:
ANNUAL BASIC SALARY: R469 140.00 per annum (level 2) plus normal company benefit & traveling allowance and 25% non-pensionable allowances
CLOSING DATE: 26 October 2018 at 16:00
Applications must be accompanied by a detailed CV, originally certified copies of qualifications, ID, driver’s license and cover letter, which indicates the position applied for. Applications must be sent via post to: The Municipal Manager, Govan Mbeki Municipality, Private Bag X1017, Secunda, 2302 or be hand delivered to: the Office of the Municipal Manager, Municipal Offices, Horwood Street, Secunda.
Further enquiries may be directed to Ms J Cloete at (017) 620 6024 during office hours.
Govan Mbeki Municipality is committed to the achievement and compliance of diversity and employment equity, especially in terms of race, gender and disability.
Faxed or e-mailed applications and those without abovementioned accompanying documents will NOT be considered.
CLOSING DATE: Friday, 26 October 2018
Govan Mbeki Municipality reserves the right not to fill the advertised post and/or re-advertise the post. If you do not hear from us within three (3) months after the closing date, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.