ADMINISTRATION CLERK : BENEFITS27/06/2018
INTERNAL / EXTERNAL ADVERTISEMENT
OFFICE OF THE EXECUTIVE MAYOR
SECRETARY TO THE FULL-TIME COUNCILLOR (MEMBER OF MAYORAL COMMITTEE)
- Grade 12
- Secretarial Diploma or equivalent
- Excellent typing skills (successful shortlisted applicants will be subject to a practical computer test)
- Experience in Local Government will be an added advantage
- Computer literacy
- An understanding of at least one African language
- Previous secretarial / administrative experience will be an added advantage
Key Performance Areas:
- Providing secretarial support to the relevant Member of Mayoral Committee (MMC)
- Handling an on-line and physical diary, correspondence, meetings, telephone, travel arrangements, visitors, invitations, etc.
- Maintaining an administrative link between the Offices of the Executive Mayor, Speaker, Chief Whip and Municipal Manager
- Compilation of agendas, minute taking and provision of clerical services with speed, integrity and confidentiality
- Executing all logistic, secretarial and administrative functions relating to Portfolio Committees
- Effective Data Management
SALARY: R188 904.00 per annum (post level 9) plus normal company benefits & non-pensionable allowance
*Successful applicants will be required to enter into a Fixed Term contract linked to the term of office of the relevant political principal
CLOSING DATE: Wednesday, 12 September 2018 at 16:00
- Interested applicants meeting the requirements should forward a detailed CV with cover page and reference number (including certified copies of qualifications and identity document not older than 3 months old) to: The Municipal Manager, Govan Mbeki Municipality, c/o Manager Human Resources, Private Bag X1017, Secunda, 2302. Faxed or e-mailed applications will not be considered.
- All short listed applicants will be required to produce their original qualifications/documents at the interviews (failure to comply will result in disqualification).
- Correspondence will only be entered into with short listed candidates. Applicants who have not been contacted within thirty (30) days of the closing date should consider their applications unsuccessful.
- The Govan Mbeki Municipality reserves the right not to make an appointment and to re-advertise positions.
- The submission of an application gives Govan Mbeki Municipality the right to perform reference checks from current and previous employers as well as academic institutions.
- People with disabilities are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated.