INTERNAL POST ONLY| : ASSISTANT ARTISAN: ENERGY OPERATION & MAINTENANCE07/04/2021
EXPERIENTIAL TRAINING: UNEMPLOYED GRADUATES28/04/2021
DEPARTMENT: TECHNICAL SERVICES
ARTISAN: ENERGY OPERATION & MAINTENANCE
(Section: Energy) 9 Positions
CLOSING DATE: Wednesday, 12 May 2021 at 16:00
- N2 or equivalent qualification.
- Completed apprenticeship and passed Trade Test as an Electrician
- 2 years practical experience of which 1 year in electrical distribution networks.
- Code C1 driver’s licence.
- Valid PDP Goods and Passengers will be an added advantage.
- In-depth knowledge of high, medium and low voltage distribution networks.
- Good communication, interpersonal and conflict management skills.
Key Performance Areas:
- Attending to customer complaints
- Construction and maintenance of overhead distribution lines.
- Installation, maintenance and testing of transformers and switchgear.
- Terminating and jointing of high, medium and low voltage cables.
- Perform standby duties outside normal working hours.
- Carry out switching operations under supervision
- Installation and maintenance of household, business and industrial connections.
- Installation and maintenance of mini-substation, ring main units and substations.
ANNUAL BASIC SALARY: R300 120.00 per annum (post level 7) plus normal company benefits & a 25% non-pensionable allowance
- Interested applicants meeting the requirements should forward a detailed CV with cover page and reference number (including certified copies of qualifications and identity document not older than 3 months old) to: The Municipal Manager, Govan Mbeki Municipality, c/o Manager Human Resources, Private Bag X1017, Secunda, 2302. Faxed or e-mailed applications will not be considered.
- All short listed applicants will be required to produce their original qualifications/documents at the interviews (failure to comply will result in disqualification).
- Correspondence will only be entered into with short listed candidates. Applicants who have not been contacted within thirty (30) days of the closing date should consider their applications unsuccessful.
- The Govan Mbeki Municipality reserves the right not to make an appointment and to re-advertise positions.
- The submission of an application gives Govan Mbeki Municipality the right to perform reference checks from current and previous employers as well as academic institutions.
- People with disabilities are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated.