VALUATION ROLL NOTICE22/06/2017
MANAGER: COUNCIL SUPPORT AND PUBLIC PARTICIPATION08/06/2022
OFFICE OF THE EXECUTIVE MAYOR
SECRETARY TO THE FULL-TIME COUNCILLOR – MMC: COMMUNITY SERVICES
- Grade 12
- Secretarial Diploma or equivalent
- Excellent typing skills (successful shortlisted applicants will be subject to a practical computer test)
- Experience in Local Government will be an added advantage
- Computer literacy
- An understanding of at least one African language
- Previous secretarial / administrative experience will be an added advantage
Key Performance Areas:
- Providing secretarial support to the Member or Mayoral Committee (MMC: Community Services).
- Handling an on-line and physical diary, correspondence, meetings, telephone, travel arrangements, visitors, invitations, etc.
- Maintaining an administrative link between the Offices of the Executive Mayor, Speaker, Whip of Council and Municipal Manager.
- Compilation of agendas, minute taking and provision of clerical services with speed, integrity and confidentiality.
- Executing all logistic, secretarial and administrative functions relating to Portfolio Committees.
- Effective Data Management.
CLOSING DATE: Friday, 24 June 2022 at 12:00
SALARY: R 221 232 .00 per annum (Post Level 9) + Normal company benefits and a 25% Non-Pensionable allowance.
* Successful applicant will be required to enter into a fixed term contract linked to the Member of Mayoral Committee
- Interested applicants meeting the requirements should forward the following:
- Official Application Form which is available at the Secunda Main Offices, All Regional Offices as well as the on the Municipal Website govanmbeki.gov.za;
- Detailed CV, Certified copies of Qualifications and Identity Document (not older than 3 months old)
- Applications not submitted with the Official Application Form will not be considered
- All short listed applicants will be required to produce their original qualifications/documents at the interviews. Failure to comply will result in disqualification.
- Applications must be addressed to: The Manager Human Resources, Private Bag X1017, Secunda, 2302. Faxed or e-mailed applications will not be considered.
- Applications can be submitted at all Municipal Offices throughout the Govan Mbeki Municipal jurisdiction.
- Communication will only be between the recruitment section and shortlisted candidates. Applicants who have not been contacted within thirty (30) days of the closing date should consider their applications unsuccessful.
- The Govan Mbeki Municipality reserves the right not to make an appointment and to re-advertise positions.
- The submission of an application gives Govan Mbeki Municipality the right to perform reference checks from current and previous employers as well as academic institutions.
- People with disabilities are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated.