DEPARTMENT: COMMUNITY SERVICES
SENIOR CLERK CEMETRIES
(Section: Cemeteries, Parks and Open Spaces) – 3 Positions
CLOSING DATE: Friday, 3 December 2021 at 16h00
- Grade 12
- Post Grade 12 Administrative/ Clerical/ Office management qualification or equivalent
- One year experience in general office administration
- Computer Literacy MS Word, Excel, and Outlook (successfully shortlisted applicants will be subjected to practical tests)
- Customer Care skills
- Fluent in English and at least one other local language
- Experience in Local Government will be an added advantage
- Previous experience in cemetery bookings will be an added advantage
- Good interpersonal relations
- Excellent planning and organizing skills
Key Performance Areas:
- Maintain an efficient and pleasant reception service for visitors to the Cemeteries, and where necessary direct the public to grave locations
- Respond in person, by telephone and in writing to enquiries from funeral directors and the general public
- Administer the diary, arrange booking times for funerals with funeral directors and families, and record the information on to the Cemeteries computer system.
- Record all reports/requests pertaining to the Cemeteries.
- Maintain the burial diary in consultation with funeral directors and the Cemeteries Superintendent.
- Complete invoices for weekly accounts for burial services.
- Document control and filling (effective data management).
ANNUAL BASIC SALARY: R253 032.00 per annum (post level 8 ) plus normal company benefits & 25% NPA
Govan Mbeki Municipality is committed to the achievement and compliance of diversity and employment equity, especially in terms of race, gender and disability.
APPLICATIONS THAT ARE NOT ON THE PRESCRIBED OFFICIAL APPLICATION FORM, FAXED AND E-MAILED APPLICATIONS, LATE APPLICATIONS AND THOSE WITHOUT ABOVEMENTIONED ACCOMPANYING DOCUMENTS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
- Interested applicants meeting the requirements should forward a detailed CV with cover page and reference number (including certified copies of qualifications and identity document not older than 3 months old) to: The Municipal Manager, Govan Mbeki Municipality, c/o Manager Human Resources, Private Bag X1017, Secunda, 2302. Faxed or e-mailed applications will not be considered.
- All short listed applicants will be required to produce their original qualifications/documents at the interviews (failure to comply will result in disqualification).
- Correspondence will only be entered into with short listed candidates. Applicants who have not been contacted within thirty (30) days of the closing date should consider their applications unsuccessful.
- The Govan Mbeki Municipality reserves the right not to make an appointment and to re-advertise positions.
- The submission of an application gives Govan Mbeki Municipality the right to perform reference checks from current and previous employers as well as academic institutions.
- People with disabilities are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated.
Govan Mbeki Municipality reserves the right not to fill the advertised post and/or to re-advertise the post. If you do not hear from us within three (3) months after the closing date, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.