CALL CENTRE OPERATOR27/06/2018
ADMINISTRATION CLERK : BENEFITS27/06/2018
DEPARTMENT TECHNICAL SERVICES
TECHNICIAN: ENERGY MANAGEMENT AND CONTROL (2 Positions)
- Grade 12 or N3 Electrical Engineering
- Trade Test as Qualified Electrician
- Three (3) years relevant experience in the Electrical Services
- National Diploma (S4)
- Valid Code EB (08) Driver’s License
- Computer Literacy
- Basic to advanced knowledge in the use of AutoCAD
- Ability to interpret & implement utility practices & policies
- Knowledge on the National Electric Safety Code & the grid codes.
- Competent in writing technical documents & correspondence.
- Demonstrated ability in both written & verbal communications.
Key Performance Areas:
- Planning and organizing of work according to the Budget Implementation Plan.
- Ensure compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Planning and controlling of daily activities and leading the work force.
- Compilation of yearly operation budget and the controlling thereof.
- Compiling maintenance programs and work procedures.
- Chairing of planning meetings and monitor execution of tasks.
- Compiling and reading of electrical drawings.
- Application of sound engineering standards.
- Complying with OHS Act and relevant regulations.
- Preparing overhead and / or underground designs for electric line extensions & system modifications for highly complex & multi-faceted projects.
- Taking a lead or project role with regard to the preparation & review of designs & associated technical drawings & prepare accurate material lists & costs.
- Preparing detailed support documents such as construction drawings, topographic profiles, work order information, costs, staking sheets, permits, etc. associated with electric services which are compliant with current requirements of the utility.
- Preparing reports for supervision or management related to estimated cost & expenditures based on accounting principles for service projects or Capital Improvement Projects.
- Assisting utility Planning department with mapping & data corrections or updates to the distribution system based on assigned & overseen projects.
- Assisting System Planning function with preparation of annual Capital Improvement Project budget.
- Promoting teamwork amongst the engineering & operation departments & employees.
- Interpreting & implements regulatory codes of South Africa.
- Performing other duties as assigned by the Senior Management.
BASIC ANNUAL SALARY: R309 864.00 per annum (level 5) plus normal company benefits
CLOSING DATE: Friday, 13 July 2018 at 16:00
- Interested applicants meeting the requirements should forward a detailed CV with cover page and reference number (including certified copies of qualifications and identity document not older than 3 months old) to: The Municipal Manager, Govan Mbeki Municipality, c/o Manager Human Resources, Private Bag X1017, Secunda, 2302. Faxed or e-mailed applications will not be considered.
- All short listed applicants will be required to produce their original qualifications/documents at the interviews (failure to comply will result in disqualification).
- Correspondence will only be entered into with short listed candidates. Applicants who have not been contacted within thirty (30) days of the closing date should consider their applications unsuccessful.
- The Govan Mbeki Municipality reserves the right not to make an appointment and to re-advertise positions.
- The submission of an application gives Govan Mbeki Municipality the right to perform reference checks from current and previous employers as well as academic institutions.
- People with disabilities are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated.