OVERVIEW OF THE MUNICIPAL MANAGER’S OFFICE
Municipal Manager Mr. EN Maseko
The concept of segmenting the municipality into regions originate from the core function of Local Government of delivering services to its community within the acceptable timeline as per the municipal service charter.
Because the municipality and its towns are geographical secluded from one another, council resolved to establish the Regional Managers position for the purpose of ensuring that service delivery issues are attended promptly by the regional based employees from the five departments .
This approach does not only focus on ensuring service delivery at regional offices but also ensured that regional offices are staffed with senior personnel who directly report to the Municipal Manager and authorized to manage the human resources within regions.
The regions are segmented as three regions:
As head of administration the municipal manager of a municipality is, subject to the policy directions of the municipal council, responsible and accountable for:
1. The formation and development of an economical, effective, efficient and accountable administration and Responsive to the needs of the local community to participate in the affairs of the municipality.
2. Further to this the Municipal Manager is responsible for the implementation of the municipality’s integrated development plan, and the monitoring of progress with implementation of the plan.
3. The management of the provision of services to the local community in a sustainable and equitable manner.
4. The appointment of staff , management, effective utilisation and training of staff
5. Advising the political structures and political office bearers of the municipality.
6. Managing communications between the municipality’s administration and its political structures and political office bearers.
7. Carrying out the decisions of the political structures and political office bearers of the municipality.
- the administration and implementation of the municipality’s by-laws and other legislation.
- The exercise of’ any powers and the performance of any duties delegated by the municipal council, or sub-delegated by other delegating authorities of the municipality, to the municipal manager in terms of section 59
- Facilitating participation by the local community in the affairs of the municipality.
- Developing and maintaining a system whereby community satisfaction with municipal services is assessed
- The implementation of national and provincial legislation applicable to the municipality.
- The performance of any other function that may be assigned by the municipal council.