Department Planning and Development
DIRECTOR PLANNING & DEVELOPMENT D MAAKE
Integrated Development Planning, Performance Management and Risk Management
- Facilitate the Development of IDP.
- Monitor the Implementation of IDP Programmes and Projects.
- Make Inputs to Policy Making Bodies.
- Facilitate the Development of Service Delivery and Budget Implementation Plans.
- Coordinate Research and Knowledge Management Services.
- Coordinate Public Participation programmes.
- Manage the Evaluation of Performance
Local Economic Development
- Facilitate Develop and Implement Municipal LED, Rural Development and Tourism Strategy.
- Mobilise and coordinate Public / Private Sector Support to Municipal LED, Rural Development and Tourism Programmes.
- Identify and Market new Economic Opportunities.
- Process Applications for Business Licences.
- Promote Tourism within the Municipality.
- Transport (air, Freight and Rail).
Land Use and Spatial Development
- Land Use and Spatial Planning.
- Building Control.
- Geographical Information Systems.
- Determine Land Potential
- Beneficiary administration.
- Implementation of Housing Projects.
- Planning for Human Settlement.
- Administration of Council Properties.
- Valuation & Valuation Roll.